Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Almost There!


Hello from the Bangkok airport!

I feel as though I have been traveling for dayzzz (just for you Katie J) – but in all reality, I have. I left Portland around 12:30pm on Monday, and will arrive in Chiang Mai at 1:30pm this afternoon (Wednesday). Loving the heat and sunshine already – they are helping to keep me awake despite jet lag.

I stayed at a beautiful hotel last night, which was literally across the street from the airport. You would never know I was a missionary the way I made out last night. Literally praising God for his abundant blessings. The hotel was so luxurious and I had an amazing breakfast via room service this morning. For those of you who know me well, you should know I had the BEST guava juice ever!!!

I keep telling myself – ‘you live in Thailand!’ Cannot wait to get to the home this afternoon and settle in. Unpack, relax and meet the girls ~ ready to be home J. My heart is so content in this moment and I seriously am not sure how I can possibly deserve this adventure! Livin in paradise, loving the culture already, and serving the Lord – too good to be true!!! Praying about how I can be a good steward of what I have been given. Wanting to be a quick learner and servant as much as possible.

After spending about two hours on Rosetta stone the last week or so – I can tell that the language (especially if I want to learn to read/write) is going to be difficult. Will need major practice and hopefully can get some of the older girls to tutor me J.  Right now – I cannot even say hello! Minimum goal for today is to learn to say “hello,” “thank you,” and learn how to bow properly.

Pictures to be added soon. <3!!!


4 comments:

  1. I keep telling myself – ‘you live in Thailand!’ You mean Cambodia? or are you living in Thailand?? watching you speak creole to the haitians leaves me no doubt that you will learn the language and communicate with them in no time at all! you are an inspiration....Love you friend! wish I could have been your plane buddy :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to drink guava juice while riding an elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you already! Although all I have to do is walk downstairs and see all of those boxes still scattered around the ping pong table to know there's a part of you still with us. Hope to get everything put away by tomorrow. Your story continues to have a ripple effect--Sally told the staff at her dentist about you and they not only want to hear updates, but one wants to support you financially! You touch lives of people you've never even met. So proud of you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these posts Hoy, it is so great to hear how life is going for you. KNOW that you are being prayed for. I am going to print out your picture and put it on my prayer wall. Please don't hesitate to post prayer requests here or FB. I would love to just walk through this time with you. You are so dear to me and I am thankful for this journey you are on. In the streams of the desert devotional yesterday this is what was said: "As soon as the priests...set foot in the Jordan, its waters...will cut off. " Joshua 3:13 You took that step and God has met you in your steps of obedience, the waters were parted and now you're in Thailand.
    Remember this is for His glory and purpose, there will be hard days as well as nice hotels...remember to TRUST and take a step of obedience. I love you!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete