Sunday, February 6, 2011

Transitioning

First of all, I am writing this post from my NEW COMPUTER!!! Knowing my need, one of my amazing anonymous donors provided money and told church they wanted some of the money they were giving to go towards a new laptop. My previous computer was eight years old and in its final days. There is no way I could have used that PC for Skype and business applications etc... I was planning to use some of the money from selling my car towards a new Mac, but guess what - GOD had different plans :). My church was able to use their discount to get me a new 13" MacBook Pro... I am seriously so blessed. Thank You just does not seem a strong enough phrase. <3

When I count up all the donations and gifts I have received in the past four weeks or so, it amounts to almost $12,000!!! I truly believe this is only possible with Jesus, and all glory goes to Him. Ever since we decided on Thailand, the way has been paved and forged beyond what I could possibly hope for. Needs are being met before I have even had a chance to pray about them! I absolutely feel like God has His hand on this trip, and there has been so much affirmation from Him that this is what He has planned for me right now. So grateful for His goodness and faithfulness in this journey already.

With only two days left until I leave (AHH!), I have been wrapping up all the errands and tasks that need to get done. There have been girls spending the night at my place every night (Reina is asleep on the couch as I write), and I will be sad to leave everyone. Last weekend, I spent four days with almost 70 friends in Sunriver and was SO blessed by our time together. We had devotionals together every morning and evening, spent time at Mt. Bachelor, played games (mafia, sequence, and signs were the favorites ;)), went on walks in gorgeous eastern Oregon, and star gazed. What an awesome time! I felt so revived on Monday - feeling that I had really experienced quality time with the Lord, and with my friends.




This week has been busier than I expected. I was hoping to get more time reading - it seems as though everyone is giving me books! Books about Thailand, culture, the sex trade, devotional books etc... I am excited to read all of them, but I simply have not had any time. Good thing it is a long flight :). God has been so gracious in providing quiet moments throughout the day and helping me to process the change that is about to happen in my life. Realistically, I have no idea what my life will look like in a few days - but that is the idea right! :)

At this point, I am ready to go. Tired of running errands and preparing - the short-term transitional phase I am in is coming to a close and I am so excited to really begin this next season. At the same time, I keep trying to remind myself to soak up every moment I have left here and really live in the moment. We are all continuously transitioning, but sometimes are more obvious than others.

Ultimately as my friends and I spoke about last weekend - it is not at all about me. Everything points back to the LORD. All of this is for HIS Glory. He is the only one worthy of honor and praise. I never want this year to be about me, I want to continuously be grateful and pointing it back to Him. Praying for His grace and humility upon my heart.

Leave Well, Arrive Well, Glorify God. This is my desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment