Friday, April 8, 2011

Translating...

So it has been over a month since my last blog, and several people have been asking for updates. I guess I have been dragging my feet on it a bit because I feel like I am seeing, learning, and experiencing so much on a daily basis - it is hard for me to process those things seeing them first hand, much less communicating them to people back home. I feel like there is no way I can possibly do justice in translating those things.

In the last month I have been traveling throughout SE Asia and have seen so many things that literally are breaking my heart. I keep praying that I NEVER become calloused to those things, that I never become desensitized to the poverty, the desperation, the reality of these people's lives.







I want to share life with these people, it is a huge part of why I am here. To know them, to understand their stories, their hearts....
On that note ~ I have officially started my language class! We meet two hours a day, every day, for six weeks. Hoping to really get a good foundation that I can build on at home and over the course of the year.

Will try to post again very soon - exciting new topics of: Moto (buying a motorcycle) and Songkran (Thai New Year Festival) both next week!!!


<3, M

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos Megan. I'm thinking of you often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us in your life this way, Megan! I know that you are having the time of your life and it would be easy to just focus on the "here and now". Keep the stories coming! We want to hear about your amazing adventures. Great pics!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete