Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Best of Both Worlds!

*Note: Check out a picture collage that goes with this post 

October 24th through November 4th – a team of 18 people from Solid Rock (my church in Oregon) came to Thailand to serve with Remember Nhu on a short-term missions trip. They came to learn the culture, to help work on our new property, and to love on all the kids here. What they didn’t know was that I had been anticipating their arrival for months!
The idea that some of my friends, and a team from my home were going to be HERE was like a dream come true – the best of both worlds!!! The first few days that they were here, I was literally giddy. I couldn’t sleep, and I was reveling…. Being able to have deep conversations (in English!), doing group devotionals and worship time – it was all so refreshing. I think I probably told everyone a billion times how I felt so blessed to have them here.

The longer that they were here, the more encouraged I was to see their heart for this ministry, and these children. In a matter of two weeks, I had a group of people who understood a glimpse of my life, who shared my heart for this place and these people. In a selfish way, I have been so thankful to finally feel known. To have people who have seen what my life looks like first hand, and not who have just heard about it. To have a group of people from my community at home who now care just as much about “my kids” as I do. What joy…

God is definitely moving in this ministry. He is upholding the cause of the poor and the orphan- rescuing His children from injustice, and it is so fun to be a part of the work that He is doing! It amazes me how He calls us each individually to partner with Him in bringing the Kingdom of Heaven into the here and now - so humbling to be a part of this story.
  
(Pics of dancing at a village &  playing 'heads-up seven-up')

Solid Rock has been teaching a series lately on what it looks like to be salt and light to the world based on the verses in Matthew 5:13-16. This is what it looks like… Living on mission together - encouraging one another, and fighting together for a common cause. This season I have had a taste of what that is like and it is addicting. We are made to live that way and I pray that I may continue to do that every day of my life – even as it changes shape and season.

Check out the Team’s Blog (4 posts total) with their thoughts during the trip…
http://www.hearthecry.com/category/cambodia-thailand/


No comments:

Post a Comment